Understanding Your Practice's Personas
In your health care practice, there are many different types of people that come to you to overcome health concerns and maintain their wellbeing. When you think about marketing your practice, it’s useful to think about “the patient” as just one of that individual’s multiple personas — especially when trying to effectively communicate to new potential patients and attract them to your practice.
What is a Persona?
According to the dictionary definition, a persona is a character or the outward personality of a person.
In marketing, a persona is a type of person with specific wants and needs. Some examples of different personas could be:
- Patients — your patients come to you directly for specific health care needs or for wellness maintenance.
- Parents — your patient could also be a mother or father. You might have soccer moms who carpool with other moms. You might have football dads that spend their weekends watching their kids play. As parents of young children or teens, they might come to your practice for their own care as well as care for their children.
- Daughters/Sons — your patients might be adults with older parents that have health concerns. Adult children may see their parents slowing down, having more aches and pains, becoming more forgetful, or developing chronic conditions. They could come to your practice for their own health care, and they might refer their parents to your practice.
- Workers — most of your patients, whether they’re parents or adult children, will also be employees, managers, or executives in various types of businesses. They might work as teachers, coaches, or business owners. They might seek out your services to overcome conditions or maintain their wellness.
- Shoppers — your patients may or may not be patients or any other persona, but they are likely all shoppers. They might come to you to purchase supplements and other items from your online store.
How to Address Each Persona’s Needs
Once you understand the personas that are coming to your practice, you can offer specific solutions that can meet their needs.
Patients come to you seeking trusted advice from licensed professionals. When you can give them solutions that support their health, it gives them more peace of mind and confidence that they can stay well. They appreciate it when you can also give them recommendations for reputable products that are backed by science, easy to understand, and convenient to purchase.
Recommend Supplements to Patients
Most patient protocols can benefit from extra nutritional support. Whether you add a nutrition plan to your patient’s plan or not, you can usually recommend supplements, herbs, nutrition bars, or detox kits to support their wellbeing.
Well World escripting enables you to escript — or “prescribe” — supplements to patients under your care. You can assign supplements to each patient within your Well World practitioner portal.
Your patients will appreciate the recommendations that you make because you are their trusted health care provider. Your recommendations give them peace of mind that they are getting quality care.
Your patient can purchase the supplements that you assigned in a variety of convenient ways: via the Well World app, through email, or they can simply visit your virtual dispensary to purchase them at any time. The supplements are automatically drop shipped by DFH right to their doorstep, so you don’t have to manage inventory at all or distribute them yourself.
Encourage Parents to Shop for the Family
Many patients’ primary persona is as a parent – Mom or Dad. These are traditionally known as the “health gatekeepers” for their families, and they highly value the word-of-mouth recommendations of their experts and other parents.
Whether they’re your patients, or friends or family members of your patients, these parents will likely feel more confident purchasing from a trusted health care professional virtual dispensary like yours.
Your Well World practitioner portal now contains unique links to your Designs for Health virtual dispensary. When you share these links with your patients, you can let them know that they can shop for whatever products they like.
If they want to purchase some extra supplements for their children or for their older parents, they can simply shop in your store.
Give Shoppers an Easy Buying Experience
Supplement shoppers want to know that they are purchasing quality products. They want confidence that the supplements they purchase have amount of ingredients indicated on the packaging. And they want to be sure that their supplements are pure and have no harmful ingredients.
With your Designs for Health virtual dispensary, you can help shoppers feel good about purchasing the highest-quality supplements that have been third-party tested for purity and efficacy. And you can show them that shopping in your store is easy and effortless.
You can let shoppers know that they are free to share your personal links with their friends and family members to go shopping for whatever they want.
Your shoppers can purchase any of the supplements, detox kits, and other great products from the Designs for Health catalog. Even if they are not current patients, your shoppers can see and browse for products without the hassle of logging in.
The Right Messaging For The Right Persona
Every persona has specific reasons why they will come to you for advice and shop in your virtual dispensary. All you need to do is think about which personas come to your practice and why they seek your support.
When you can address their specific needs with the right messaging, each persona will understand how your solutions can help them — and they’re more likely to purchase from you.